Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Zoho test

[Below is my document I made in Zoho Writer. When I published it to my blog, some of it didn't come out looking so great, but it worked and was very easy. I edited some of it in Blogger because there was a whole bunch of extra space. It also seems to have changed fonts on me, which is strange, and some of the words seem to be on top of each other. Anyway...] [Ok, second edit: now it's changed fonts and sizes on me again. I guess if I were really using Zoho, I would not publish it to my blog again. Though this time it's probably Blogger's fault, or something I inadvertently did.] [3rd edit: This gets worse and worse--every time I edit my post (and all I am doing is typing in this first paragraph), new things change and new problems appear. There is a ghost messing up my blog!] [I give up. There is a bit of text missing because it's to the right of my daughter's pic, but you can't see it. I should stop editing my post!]

This is going to be my blog post about Zoho Writer. So far, so good. I signed up. So now let's try some things.

Large type and small. Colored type? Yes, here's a nice shade of dark purple. And bright orange, hurrah. And now a new font: Georgia (the other one was Verdana, which I prefer, so I'll switch back).

When I switched back, it suddenly gave me 24 pt letters,which is a pain. Why did it do that? Well, it's just like when MS Word takes over your document and decides that you want it to do something you have no interest in doing. I'll try inserting a picture of my daughter:


When I resized it, it didn't keep my proportions. Points off for that.

Now a link: My blog. That works, yay.

Something right-aligned...

and centered.

  • a bulleted list
  • this
  • is
  • fun and when I click numbered list instead it changed my whole list. ok.
  1. a
  2. numbered
  3. list. Now I see how it works.

I can underline, italicize, and bold. Or all three. And use spécial chåraçters and smilies.tongue_out

Ok, so now I saved the document and accessed it from a different computer, which is one of the points of this being online. So I like it. I can see why you'd use it instead of MS Word, and it does all the same stuff, at least as far as I can tell. Accessible from anywhere. Free. Having multiple people work on the document at the same time (as Zoho claims) seems a little confusing, but I'm sure there are times when it's needed.

No comments: