I like YouTube for searching for things I'd like to see. For browsing, not so much, just because there's so much on there, and you can't tell very much from the screen shot and title. A ton of it is crap for sure. I guess it's good for watching those things that happen on tv that "everyone is talking about" and you missed. I'm a little afraid to click on some of them--who knows what's in these videos? Hee hee. Well, I'm sure there are ways to use this in the library: how-to videos for searching or using various library services, maybe an intro to the library or something. In different languages, even. Could we post videos of programs, for people who missed them?
I wanted to see some old Sesame Street segments I remember from my childhood, and I picked the Cookie Monster Alphabet because it still makes me laugh. I almost picked the Cowboy X segment, because of the great ending: "And the citizens of Sniddler's Gulch lived happily ever after, because they really weren't very smart." Or the one we still quote in my family, from The Electric Company: "Whoooo is it?" "It's the plumber, I've come to fix the sink!" Ok, now to see if I can add the video...
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment