Here is one I can actually see some good uses for. I liked the library (Princeton) that had all the book reviews. I think that would be a great thing to have, particularly if you could get a lot of people to participate. I liked the idea for somehow adding book reviews to our catalog with a wiki of some kind. (Not totally clear on how that would work, but being able to have customer reviews kind of like Amazon would be cool.) You could have teen reviews, kids reviews, etc. Book lists, which we don't really do here, would be good too.
I saw the site (somewhere in Indiana) with the community guide, which I guess is what we're trying to accomplish with Brett's wiki. That could be useful, I can think of questions we get asked a lot which could be answered on there. ESL classes, preschools in the area, etc. Playgrounds and other free things to do with your kids.
The library success one could be good, too, as long as a lot of people contribute. I think that's the key: if nobody puts anything on the wiki, it could get very stagnant and no one would use it. I think there's a youth services one for us here, which would be useful for sharing ideas, but I haven't looked at it yet. I wonder if other people are using it? Also, I thought of using a wiki for a listserv like Pubyac--the same questions come up over and over on there, and if the archives were on something like this, people could find lots of ideas without posting the same questions again and again. On to more wikis...
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment