Ok, I have a Bloglines account and 10 feeds I'm following. It is nice to be able to check them all from one page, though I think it works best with the blogs and Unshelved. I am not fond of the Washington Post's feeds. I subscribed to the book reviews and Carolyn Hax's column, and all it says is: "Tell Me About It by Carolyn Hax. Dear Carolyn," and gives a link. That's no different from having her column bookmarked--I thought the point was I wouldn't have to click over to every site I wanted to read. I guess the Washington Post doesn't want me to be able to read the content without suffering through all the pop-up ads. Their site is one of the worst, I find. Maybe I can find her column in a different newspaper and see what their feed looks like. Ok, now I've subscribed to Carolyn Hax's column at StarTribune.com, and though I don't get the whole text, I at least get a paragraph, so I can decide whether to click the link or not. Better! Pbthbthbthb, Washington Post!
Edited to add: Ok, I figured out the public URL for my Bloglines. This is not as easy as the Learning 2.0 post made it sound. I found the 'Share' link (not where they said it would be) and then had to figure out how to make my 'Blogroll' public (in my profile), and then I discovered I didn't have a username (you just sign in with your email address, which is NOT your username). So I gave myself a username (also in my profile), and now I can proudly share this with you (though why you should be interested in what feeds I signed up for, I don't know):
Ta Da! My Bloglines account
You know, if I was already following all of the stuff I signed up for on Bloglines, it would save me time to be able to check them all from one place, but these are mostly things I wasn't already looking at. A lot of the stuff I regularly check out online doesn't have a feed. So it's really just one more thing to look at.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment