So, I've checked out various ways to find feeds I might be interested in. I found the Bloglines search tool the most useful/easiest, and added a bunch of new feeds that way. But the others are another story.
Feedster was useless--somehow I got no results that had anything to do with what I was searching for (maybe I'm using it wrong?). It seems to be searching for really recent stuff, though I found one thing that said 8 minutes ago, and when I clicked on it, the date was July of 2005. Huh? I got a lot of empty white pages and kept having to retry my search. Bleah.
Topix: I searched for a few things, and got news articles relating to the topic--sometimes. I searched for "book clubs" and got a neat article called, "Are You Suffering from Evangophobia?" (Yes!) It was interesting, but had nothing to do with book clubs, it just mentioned them in one line. And just because I found one article interesting doesn't mean I'm going to like anything else from that news service, so why subscribe? I guess if I played around with these things long enough, I might get the hang of them better...
Syndic8: This one is just ugly. It's confusing to look at, and I didn't spend much time there.
Technorati: I like that they give you blog posts, videos, photos, music, etc. This one seems pretty easy to use, but I still like the Bloglines search best.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment