Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Technorati

Ok, I checked out Technorati. I searched for "Learning 2.0" in blog posts, and there were 2,628, the first several of which looked like people like us, going through the 23 things. When I searched in tags, the same 2,628 posts came up, along with some videos and photos. When I searched in the blog directory, there were no results. I think the problem is that I'm just not interested in reading other people's blog posts about Learning 2.0. If I want to, I can read the blogs of other people in our system, and that's pretty much enough. There's no time for that, anyway. So I searched for teen books, thinking that's something I'm a bit more interested in reading about, and several of the first posts that came up were porn. Got away from there fast! You know, I'm actually much more of a fan of listservs, yahoo groups and such. I found some good ones (child_lit, adbooks), and "know" a lot of big names in children's literature. They post their blogs, so I can find them that way if I want to. I'm sure Technorati is useful, one of these days I'll be able to find a use for all of this stuff. I feel like everything I post about this Learning 2.0 stuff is negative. Variations on "I'll never use this." But I'm sure I will use some of it.

I looked at the popular searches, blogs and stuff, and the most surprising thing about that was how completely uninterested I am in anything that was listed. Does that make me old? (Don't answer that!) Who the heck is Ron Paul? Galilea Montijo? Whatever. I keep seeing the same blogs listed over and over, which must mean they're wonderful, I suppose.

About the optional tagging activity: this is something I'll come back to if and when I'm doing a blog for work that I actually want to draw people to. For this blog, I don't really want people to find it. I don't mind if they do, but I don't think people will care. So I'll save the tagging for later.

No comments: