Well, here I am with a blog. I don't think I'm going to love it, since I'm not a diary person, and can't imagine keeping a diary that anyone in the world can read. Nor am I funny enough to live up to a title like Exploding Poptart. I'm really a very good lurker. But I'll give it a shot.
Bonus points (worth exactly nothing) to anyone who knows what book "Exploding Poptart" is from (without Googling!). I have never personally had a poptart explode (though I saw one on Youtube when I Googled the name myself before choosing it), but in college, when we weren't allowed to have toasters in the dorm, my friends and I used to iron poptarts to "toast" them. It actually worked fairly well, as long as you covered the poptart with a paper towel so that the goo wouldn't get all over your iron. Frosted cherry is my favorite.
All, right, the 7 1/2 habits thingy...Easiest for me is Play (and why does that merit only half a slot--couldn't there just have been 8?). Playing is fun; it's finding the time to play that's hard. So I think that makes #2 hardest--being responsible for my own learning. There's so much else to do that it's easy to put things off indefinitely. I'm very good at procrastination. Actually, what I think is hardest is getting over the feeling that I just want to be able to play the guitar, I don't want to have to go through all the practice and tedium of learning to play it. And that's something I'd really like to learn, forget the things I have to learn but have no interest in.


2 comments:
Awesome name, LOL. Hum, I've never tried poptarts in the micro...then again, since that's my usual "emergency" food its usually been consumed cold. Ugh.
Great start. I love the book cover too...
haha im a good lurker too.
i've never ironed a poptart, but that's a really good idea. I might try it this weekend.
Post a Comment